Skip to main content

Ho Ho Hoo-Boy!

Ah...the holidays. Time for stuffing faces, stockings, and our butts into ever-shrinking clothing. Time for chaos and merriment...and senility. I, in my inifinite wisdom, wrapped my presents (being so proud that I was done with all my shopping...3 families worth since B hates to shop) that I cheerfully forgot one thing. You need to add To/From cards as you wrap. This gem dawned upon me after I unloaded all my presents into the study and noticed that I had no clue as to what was what.
So...this afternoon I had to do some re-wrapping, and my lovely Livi "helped." B brought her in from her nap, where she wanted Mama. After a while, I kept smelling something. B smelled it too...a nasty sulfur smell. He went and checked our pipes. Nothing. We checked Livi's diaper. Nothing. We checked Ethan's room for hidden turds and his undies. Nothing. What the heck is that smell?! I began to notice that when Livi would be near, we tended to smell it. Barrett remarked, "Maybe there's something there, but we just can't see it." That HAS happened before, and a later diaper change has startled me with a Ninja turd. I asked Livi if she needed a change and took her to her room. (I had asked earlier and she said No).She allowed herself to get a freshin' and then rolled over to inspect herself in the mirror. "See?" she said, "No poo-poo." Well! So I found myself saying, "I know. I'm sorry I doubted you."
I have the feeling she's going to be a fun teenager...
I just realized I still have no idea where that smell is coming from. Hope your holidays are full of surprises like mine undoubtedly will be.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a gas

It's been quite a while since I have posted anything.  I know you've been waiting, fingernails curled and gripping the edge of your seat for me to post something highly inappropriate and gross.  Today, you are vindicated.  You shall not leave unsatisfied. As most of you know...after about 10 years I have finally rejoined the workplace.  I am working at the Chambers Library at UCO.  It was truly bizarre to be working again, since the last job I held was before I had kids.  Yes.  That matters.  You see, my body has changed a lot in those years--especially in the areas of going to the bathroom.  I didn't realize that a whole, new adventure awaited me.  You see, since everything is loose down in Dixie from having kids, I don't have quite the control that I used to.  Simple things such needing to pee have now become dire.  You don't have any waiting time.  Your body says, "You need to pee.  Now.  NOW SUCKER!!!" ...

Panties and Heart Failure

  Yes, I know it's been a while since I've blogged, but I have tried to reserve blogging to when I have something mildly interesting to tell.  So here are two tales from my weird life: Okay, many of you know that my house is haunted.   Most of you probably believe that I'm on something, or it's just my imagination.  That's fine.  Actually, we rarely get activity.  It's a pretty chill spirit, whoever it is...or was.  But occasionally, it decides to make its presence known, as it did the other day. I was in the bathroom, and I had forgotten the need for a clean pair of undies.  This is a situation that no one wants to find themselves in, so naturally, I hollered for reinforcements from my daughter.  Ethan was at esports, and I wouldn't traumatize the poor boy by making him retrieve a pair of my dainties. Livi had been chatting with me through the door, so she said okay and....I guess she wasn't moving quickly enough for our ghosty.  T...

I'm spilling the tea. It's old but well-brewed

This is kind of long, so buckle up. We're 10 days into January, and it still feels weird.  Kind of like trying to break in a new pair of shoes.  Over the break, I've done little odd jobs here and there--stuff I really didn't have time to mess with, or I just didn't WANT to mess with.  One of those things was working on applications for a grant for Ethan's college.  With the new semester, I have realized that Ethan is half done with his sophomore year.  Only two more years after that....I seriously cannot believe it.  Even though my body cheerfully reminds me of my age every day, I still sometimes think about myself in college or fresh out of it.  Sometimes college seems like a weird dream, or something I watched happen to someone else.  I have frank, open talks to my kids about college (or trade school if they are interested), and both kids are pretty much wanting to attend UCO and (to my surprise), they want to live at home.  I told them not...