Too lazy to actually "blog." Forming sentences takes work, and I'm too tired to be witty, so here are some highlights as of late:
Me: "Ethan, can you say 'I love you?'"
Ethan: "Yes."
Me: "Uh, okay then..."
Livi, looking concerned at the plush Thomas the Tank Engine, whom she insists upon calling "Toby": "Oh no!"
Me: "What's wrong?"
Livi, looking at Toby: "Toby's sick."
Me: "Toby's sick?"
Livi, nods: "Has boo-boo."
Me: "Toby has a boo-boo?"
Livi: "Has a boo-boo on his knee."
Me, wondering where the knee-cap on a steam engine would be: "Um, where's Toby's boo-boo? Can you show me?"
Livi, pointing to the front fender of engine: "There!"
Me: "Why don't you kiss it? Maybe that would make Toby feel better."
Livi, leans over and "Mwaw!" kisses the boo-boo. "There Toby--it's all better now."
I'm watching some inane video with Livi when I feel a moist swipe on my arm. I glance over in time to see her stick her finger up her nose, and mindlessly wipe it on my arm.
Me: "NO! Don't wipe your nose on me."
Livi shrugs and sticks her finger in her mouth.
Me: "Don't eat it either!" (mad scrambling for a Kleenex) "Here--put the booger in a Kleenex."
This is met with wild woman of Borneo screams and howls.
Me: "Here, go 'snuff snuff' and blow your nose INTO the Kleenex." Livi, curious, obliges.
Me: "Good girl! Now wipe wipe wipe!" (playful wiping of nose).
Livi now squeals, laughs and then EATS the Kleenex. Sigh....
Me: "Ethan, can you say 'I love you?'"
Ethan: "Yes."
Me: "Uh, okay then..."
Livi, looking concerned at the plush Thomas the Tank Engine, whom she insists upon calling "Toby": "Oh no!"
Me: "What's wrong?"
Livi, looking at Toby: "Toby's sick."
Me: "Toby's sick?"
Livi, nods: "Has boo-boo."
Me: "Toby has a boo-boo?"
Livi: "Has a boo-boo on his knee."
Me, wondering where the knee-cap on a steam engine would be: "Um, where's Toby's boo-boo? Can you show me?"
Livi, pointing to the front fender of engine: "There!"
Me: "Why don't you kiss it? Maybe that would make Toby feel better."
Livi, leans over and "Mwaw!" kisses the boo-boo. "There Toby--it's all better now."
I'm watching some inane video with Livi when I feel a moist swipe on my arm. I glance over in time to see her stick her finger up her nose, and mindlessly wipe it on my arm.
Me: "NO! Don't wipe your nose on me."
Livi shrugs and sticks her finger in her mouth.
Me: "Don't eat it either!" (mad scrambling for a Kleenex) "Here--put the booger in a Kleenex."
This is met with wild woman of Borneo screams and howls.
Me: "Here, go 'snuff snuff' and blow your nose INTO the Kleenex." Livi, curious, obliges.
Me: "Good girl! Now wipe wipe wipe!" (playful wiping of nose).
Livi now squeals, laughs and then EATS the Kleenex. Sigh....
highlights are great : )
ReplyDeletei agree: sometimes I"m too tired to form sentences too