I must warn some of you, that this post is not exactly for the faint of heart. It will etched in my mind for awhile, and hopefully will not traumatize you TOO much.
Okay, for starters, my internal thermometer as of late has gone kaput. There are many nights in which I cannot get cool, or I'll switch from hot to cold--back and forth in a hellish see-saw. That's one reason why I'm usually sporting the ever-attractive Ranger Rick look on my eyes. (Kudos to those who get the reference without looking it up).
Last night was such a night. I probably averaged about 4 hours, due to my lovely ability to cook baked beans with my skin. I swear my skin would get so hot, I could probably cook a pot roast on my butt. (Not that I would eat it afterwards...) During this lovely night, every time I would wake up, my brain would cheerfully tell me to go to the bathroom--even if I went maybe 15 minutes before. If I try and ignore it, it starts shrieking like a car alarm: "PEE!! PEE!! PEE!!" So, I've learned to give in immediately and get on with it. Usually I trudge my way through the dark to my throne, but I also had a bad itch on my arm. I have high histamine levels, so if a dumb mosquito bites me--it swells up. I trudged to the pot, then found my cream--grousing the entire time over my lack of sleep and how uncomfortable I was. I crawled into bed and was just about to turn off my lamp when I saw it. Crawling up my bedroom wall, was a spider about the size of a quarter. It was crawling on the wall that separates my room with Livi's. I knew I wasn't going to let that sucker live, but I didn't want to whack it so hard that it would wake up the Pootie. I carefully approached it with my slipper and took aim. Thawk! I delivered a polite blow and sure enough, it fell down. Now here's the kicker. I looked down to see if my softish blow was enough to do the deed. Here is what met my eye:
The spider--gone on to a better place. And a leg.....moving frantically around and ooching its way towards me. The leg was ALIVE. Now....I've heard of cockroaches being able to live a disturbing amount of time minus a head or whatever, but that's cockroaches. They are the devil's handiwork and nothing gross they do surprises me. But spiders? I've killed more spiders in my life time and I've NEVER had that happened. After emitting a silent, shrill sound that probably gave the Holy Ghost an ear-bleed, I hurried to bed, hoping that the leg that was reaching out to me would lose steam before it reached my bed. But every time I closed my eyes--I could see it--twitching and moving for all it was worth.
Currently, the spider and its leg are still where I left them. I'm afraid to touch them, because I don't want them to start moving---AGAIN. Ick.
Okay, for starters, my internal thermometer as of late has gone kaput. There are many nights in which I cannot get cool, or I'll switch from hot to cold--back and forth in a hellish see-saw. That's one reason why I'm usually sporting the ever-attractive Ranger Rick look on my eyes. (Kudos to those who get the reference without looking it up).
Last night was such a night. I probably averaged about 4 hours, due to my lovely ability to cook baked beans with my skin. I swear my skin would get so hot, I could probably cook a pot roast on my butt. (Not that I would eat it afterwards...) During this lovely night, every time I would wake up, my brain would cheerfully tell me to go to the bathroom--even if I went maybe 15 minutes before. If I try and ignore it, it starts shrieking like a car alarm: "PEE!! PEE!! PEE!!" So, I've learned to give in immediately and get on with it. Usually I trudge my way through the dark to my throne, but I also had a bad itch on my arm. I have high histamine levels, so if a dumb mosquito bites me--it swells up. I trudged to the pot, then found my cream--grousing the entire time over my lack of sleep and how uncomfortable I was. I crawled into bed and was just about to turn off my lamp when I saw it. Crawling up my bedroom wall, was a spider about the size of a quarter. It was crawling on the wall that separates my room with Livi's. I knew I wasn't going to let that sucker live, but I didn't want to whack it so hard that it would wake up the Pootie. I carefully approached it with my slipper and took aim. Thawk! I delivered a polite blow and sure enough, it fell down. Now here's the kicker. I looked down to see if my softish blow was enough to do the deed. Here is what met my eye:
The spider--gone on to a better place. And a leg.....moving frantically around and ooching its way towards me. The leg was ALIVE. Now....I've heard of cockroaches being able to live a disturbing amount of time minus a head or whatever, but that's cockroaches. They are the devil's handiwork and nothing gross they do surprises me. But spiders? I've killed more spiders in my life time and I've NEVER had that happened. After emitting a silent, shrill sound that probably gave the Holy Ghost an ear-bleed, I hurried to bed, hoping that the leg that was reaching out to me would lose steam before it reached my bed. But every time I closed my eyes--I could see it--twitching and moving for all it was worth.
Currently, the spider and its leg are still where I left them. I'm afraid to touch them, because I don't want them to start moving---AGAIN. Ick.
Comments
Post a Comment