Ahh...summer. I shall not miss thee. Not only did I hate your bugs and mowing (R.I.P. finger-tip), but the lack of structure just about killed me. I'm amazed my children are still alive, because I've taken to hiding from them--rocking back and forth in the fetal position. Take this story as a typical, good old-fashioned summer experience.
Now I enjoy art as much as anyone, but my least favorite mode is markers. I have a big box of them--a torturous blend of normal and "wonder" markers. The wonder being you have to wait several minutes for the $#&@! ink to show--thus making my kids go bat crap crazy and viciously hurling them in random directions. I have new artwork on my walls, on furniture, and frankly, anywhere but paper (unless of course, it's some official government document). Livi has taken to coloring herself, because of unknown toddler reasons. She decorated all up her arms, her pants, and completely covered her hands. Lovely. Most parents are probably nodding their heads, bobble-style, basically saying, "Yeah, so what?" Well, let's enter in another fun form of recreation. Self-exploration. Tweeter-tango. Tee-tee tickle. This annoying, especially when your daughter decides that church, the grocery store, whatever is a fun place to do this. But...let's merge these two "fun" activities and see what we have. After painting her hands, Livi decided to explore the contents of her panties. After all, she had to make sure everything was still there. So, imagine my surprise when I found a masterpiece of Technicolor Tee-tee. A veritable Sistine Chapel on her nether-regions. You truly haven't lived until you've had to scour another person's yoo-hoo. JOY.
Now I enjoy art as much as anyone, but my least favorite mode is markers. I have a big box of them--a torturous blend of normal and "wonder" markers. The wonder being you have to wait several minutes for the $#&@! ink to show--thus making my kids go bat crap crazy and viciously hurling them in random directions. I have new artwork on my walls, on furniture, and frankly, anywhere but paper (unless of course, it's some official government document). Livi has taken to coloring herself, because of unknown toddler reasons. She decorated all up her arms, her pants, and completely covered her hands. Lovely. Most parents are probably nodding their heads, bobble-style, basically saying, "Yeah, so what?" Well, let's enter in another fun form of recreation. Self-exploration. Tweeter-tango. Tee-tee tickle. This annoying, especially when your daughter decides that church, the grocery store, whatever is a fun place to do this. But...let's merge these two "fun" activities and see what we have. After painting her hands, Livi decided to explore the contents of her panties. After all, she had to make sure everything was still there. So, imagine my surprise when I found a masterpiece of Technicolor Tee-tee. A veritable Sistine Chapel on her nether-regions. You truly haven't lived until you've had to scour another person's yoo-hoo. JOY.
oh made me laugh! you're livi is the best
ReplyDelete*your
ReplyDelete