Today marks what would have been my 13th anniversary. I would love to thank all the Sci-Fi geeks out there for making it "Star Wars Day," thus ensuring that I cannot miss the day. Bite me.
I thought I'd look at how far I've come since August 12, 2012:
* I have gained weight. No, no--this is a good thing. I'd dropped down to a pretty scary weight, so I'm gradually filling weight back on and looking a tad less like Skeletor.
* I am slowly making repairs and updates on the house. I only have a couple of windows left to replace, and the front storm door and back. The living room and entryway have been painted, along with the front door.
* With a huge amount of help from my mom, I am taming the lawn. I hope that it'll look normal one day.

* Two years of therapy have helped me slowly start to feel human again. I probably don't really have to go anymore, but my therapist is really nice and I enjoy talking with her. Weird, I know. Oh well.
* I have gradually learned to deal with my ex without wanting to cause bodily harm, so that's progress! The kids seem to be doing worlds better and have adapted to their new reality like champs.
I thought I'd look at how far I've come since August 12, 2012:
* I have gained weight. No, no--this is a good thing. I'd dropped down to a pretty scary weight, so I'm gradually filling weight back on and looking a tad less like Skeletor.
* I am slowly making repairs and updates on the house. I only have a couple of windows left to replace, and the front storm door and back. The living room and entryway have been painted, along with the front door.
* With a huge amount of help from my mom, I am taming the lawn. I hope that it'll look normal one day.
* Two years of therapy have helped me slowly start to feel human again. I probably don't really have to go anymore, but my therapist is really nice and I enjoy talking with her. Weird, I know. Oh well.
* I have gradually learned to deal with my ex without wanting to cause bodily harm, so that's progress! The kids seem to be doing worlds better and have adapted to their new reality like champs.
* I have learned to cook some mighty tasty meals. I'm enjoying trying new things, so if anybody has any tried and true recipe that doesn't call for 732 ingredients, I'll give it a whirl. I'm not the best chef, but I do try!
* Finally, I am learning to appreciate beautiful things again. On that happy note, I'll leave you with this. Annnnnddd....you're welcome.
Rachel - I am so proud of you! You are a strong woman. You go Girl. I still want to harm my ex at times. It has been almost 24 years. So if it returns I believe is ok. Ya know the want to harm. I am 98% don't care most of the time. I could do no harm any way so it is wishful thinking
ReplyDeleteOne question. Did the tornado sirens go off on the day you mention?
ReplyDelete