Skip to main content

People are weird

*Note:  I do not consider writing in my blog breaking Lent. Neener, neener, neener!*

Today is a drizzling, cool day.  It's awesome.  I love days like this--maybe it speaks to my Irish ancestry or something, or maybe I just enjoy the little, animated duck wearing red boots playing in the puddle on the weather.  That's right.  I like the duck.  It pleases me.  It just marches its happy little butt along, sporting a red umbrella and its red boots.  The look on its face is priceless.  That is one pleased duck.  I tried to find a pic of Happy Duck, but I couldn't.  You'll just have to watch Channel 9 and look for it.  This is the closest thing I could find, and it's no where near the awesomeness of Happy Duck.


I love spring showers and the earthy, grassy smell.  I was enjoying the day when I made the mistake of turning on the news to be greeted with the latest race story.  Some moron frat boys had made a video chanting racial slurs.  Okay, first of all...why?  Don't you have anything better to do?  When I was in college, I was too busy to go around making videos of myself and my friends doing stupid things.  Secondly, why on earth would you then make an inflammatory hate video?  I just scratch my head at that.  Lastly, after making said hate video, why would you then post it to YouTube where anybody can see it?  I think most people know that these people are stupid.  Do they really need global affirmation of this fact? Also, did it honestly not occur to them that there would be repercussions for this idiocy?



This is why college students are usually referred to as "college KIDS."  Because their dumb-a**ery has yet to reach its fullest potential.  This happened at OU.  Before you OSU fans get smug, someone noticed at OSU at THE SAME FRAT somebody proudly flying the Confederate flag.  I think we need to just sterilize anybody in this frat.  The world would be a happier place.


The other thing is, why on earth racism exists?  Period.  Like....ever.  White people hating black people, or black people hating white people....striped people hating plaid people...it's just a part of history and/or human nature that has never made sense to me.  Why would someone's skin pigments determine their worth?  Huh?  Well, let me tell you...I am the whitest of the white and I don't know why anybody would want that.  I am my own nightlight.  Screw Rudolph....I could not only lead that sleigh but Santa and the other reindeer would have to wear protective eye-wear.  Moths flock to me.  I am a hazard to other drivers.  My skin has been known to cause retinal damage to others.  It's just best not to look directly at me, especially on a sunny day. 

So as warm weather approaches, I'd like to apologize in advance for any physical ailments you will receive from seeing my white legs in all their glory.  I make albinos look tan.  Just try not to look at them and you'll probably be able to walk away with just a headache and maybe a slightly metallic taste in your mouth.  I will not be legally responsible for what happens if you choose to ignore my warnings and look directly at them.

 
No exaggeration there.  The struggle is real.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a gas

It's been quite a while since I have posted anything.  I know you've been waiting, fingernails curled and gripping the edge of your seat for me to post something highly inappropriate and gross.  Today, you are vindicated.  You shall not leave unsatisfied. As most of you know...after about 10 years I have finally rejoined the workplace.  I am working at the Chambers Library at UCO.  It was truly bizarre to be working again, since the last job I held was before I had kids.  Yes.  That matters.  You see, my body has changed a lot in those years--especially in the areas of going to the bathroom.  I didn't realize that a whole, new adventure awaited me.  You see, since everything is loose down in Dixie from having kids, I don't have quite the control that I used to.  Simple things such needing to pee have now become dire.  You don't have any waiting time.  Your body says, "You need to pee.  Now.  NOW SUCKER!!!" ...

Panties and Heart Failure

  Yes, I know it's been a while since I've blogged, but I have tried to reserve blogging to when I have something mildly interesting to tell.  So here are two tales from my weird life: Okay, many of you know that my house is haunted.   Most of you probably believe that I'm on something, or it's just my imagination.  That's fine.  Actually, we rarely get activity.  It's a pretty chill spirit, whoever it is...or was.  But occasionally, it decides to make its presence known, as it did the other day. I was in the bathroom, and I had forgotten the need for a clean pair of undies.  This is a situation that no one wants to find themselves in, so naturally, I hollered for reinforcements from my daughter.  Ethan was at esports, and I wouldn't traumatize the poor boy by making him retrieve a pair of my dainties. Livi had been chatting with me through the door, so she said okay and....I guess she wasn't moving quickly enough for our ghosty.  T...

I'm spilling the tea. It's old but well-brewed

This is kind of long, so buckle up. We're 10 days into January, and it still feels weird.  Kind of like trying to break in a new pair of shoes.  Over the break, I've done little odd jobs here and there--stuff I really didn't have time to mess with, or I just didn't WANT to mess with.  One of those things was working on applications for a grant for Ethan's college.  With the new semester, I have realized that Ethan is half done with his sophomore year.  Only two more years after that....I seriously cannot believe it.  Even though my body cheerfully reminds me of my age every day, I still sometimes think about myself in college or fresh out of it.  Sometimes college seems like a weird dream, or something I watched happen to someone else.  I have frank, open talks to my kids about college (or trade school if they are interested), and both kids are pretty much wanting to attend UCO and (to my surprise), they want to live at home.  I told them not...