It's been a tiring day. Ethan's 8th birthday has found me with Satan's strep throat. I can only imagine that it is the machinations of the Antichrist, because I've had strep many, many times, and it was never like this. Somehow, (divine intervention?), I managed to make it to Target, and grab a big cookie cake to drop off at the school. Thank you Jesus for antibiotics. Anyhoo....I stayed home from Bible class in order to selfishly keep this bug to myself. I put in a Veggie Tale in the vain hopes that it might count for something, and settled down to rest. (The only thing I believe they gleaned from it was that Bob the Tomato has a phobia of monkeys.)
A little thought niggled in the back of my mind....oh yes....I can't rest. There are things to do, namely bathing Livi. Luckily, Livi is always game for a bath, and tonight she needed it. Upon telling her it was bath-time, she dashed into the laundry room and closed the door. James Bond, she is not. I opened the door to discover she had pooped herself. Joyous! Time to de-poo one child. Having safely placed one child in the bath, I helped Ethan with his homework, and then trudged down the hall to check on the Poo Princess. I could hear her voice--ringing with empirical tones--long before I got to the door.
"I am the Queen! Come over here!"
"Now. This is what you are to do."
"I demand that you play with me right now!"
These are only a few of the things Her Lady of the Poop was spouting forth. It was amusing until I thought, "What if she's this bossy to her friends? What if she is this demanding to the girls at school?"
So, I decided to delve forward and entered the Swamp that was formerly known as My Bathroom.
"Is it time to get out?" she whined.
"No, but I couldn't help overhearing your "friend" is being a little bossy." Hard to tell which one it was. She was surrounded by multiple princesses and one rogue Strawberry Shortcake.
"Moooom. I'm just playing." Insert expert eye-roll.
"I know. Just, why don't you show your friend how to ask nicely? Then maybe she'll have an easier time at getting people to want to play with her."
"Okay."
I felt kind of smug as I exited the bathroom. It was totally worth the steamy, Lion King hairdo I was now sporting.
The little voice rang out: "I demand that you play with me, PLEASE."
Sigh.
A little thought niggled in the back of my mind....oh yes....I can't rest. There are things to do, namely bathing Livi. Luckily, Livi is always game for a bath, and tonight she needed it. Upon telling her it was bath-time, she dashed into the laundry room and closed the door. James Bond, she is not. I opened the door to discover she had pooped herself. Joyous! Time to de-poo one child. Having safely placed one child in the bath, I helped Ethan with his homework, and then trudged down the hall to check on the Poo Princess. I could hear her voice--ringing with empirical tones--long before I got to the door.
"I am the Queen! Come over here!"
"Now. This is what you are to do."
"I demand that you play with me right now!"
These are only a few of the things Her Lady of the Poop was spouting forth. It was amusing until I thought, "What if she's this bossy to her friends? What if she is this demanding to the girls at school?"
So, I decided to delve forward and entered the Swamp that was formerly known as My Bathroom.
"Is it time to get out?" she whined.
"No, but I couldn't help overhearing your "friend" is being a little bossy." Hard to tell which one it was. She was surrounded by multiple princesses and one rogue Strawberry Shortcake.
"Moooom. I'm just playing." Insert expert eye-roll.
"I know. Just, why don't you show your friend how to ask nicely? Then maybe she'll have an easier time at getting people to want to play with her."
"Okay."
I felt kind of smug as I exited the bathroom. It was totally worth the steamy, Lion King hairdo I was now sporting.
The little voice rang out: "I demand that you play with me, PLEASE."
Sigh.
Comments
Post a Comment