Okay, I am going to tell you right up front that this post is probably going to piss a bunch of people off. I am not writing to please anybody but myself, since a blog is really a kind of online diary (or at least mine is). I do want to make it clear that I am not out to "get" anybody, but these are my thoughts and beliefs. I lovingly encourage you to take off hoser if you don't like it. 😜
As most of you lovelies know, I am a single mom. It is hard work. I had to take care of my son while he was throwing up--cleaning barf out of carpet and still managing to do laundry, dishes, and keep up the bedtime routine for my daughter. I get tired. I get very discouraged, but I keep trucking best I can. I am trying to raise my kids as good Christians. I want for them to be kind and loving, but at this point I'll just settle for them not setting anything on fire.

If you're wondering what my point is, I'm getting there. I just like to take the scenic route.
Anyway, to help things along, my parents and I share meals. On certain nights I cook and they come over, and on other nights we go over there. I don't have cable, so my kids groove pretty hard getting to watch Nickelodeon, especially Sponge Bob and The Loud House.


While most of you are probably familiar with Sponge Bob and his irritating laugh, many of you will probably not know about the Loud House. The story is about the Loud family, who under lack of proper knowledge of birth control or just good, old-fashioned insanity, consists of 10 girls and 1 boy. The boy, Lincoln, is the primary character and you follow him trying to survive in a crowded, estrogen-filled world. It actually can be pretty funny. It has become a tradition to have the kids eat their dessert (while I savor a cup of tea), while watching the Loud House.
A while ago, there was an episode where it was revealed that Clyde (Lincoln's best friend) has two dads. My mother looked sharply at me, but I just shook my head. The kids didn't notice and I figured if they asked, I guess I would deal. They are almost never on the show, so it wasn't too big of a deal. After all, a few episodes ago they introduced another secondary character with Down's. I thought that was cool. But then came last night's episode...
For starter's the episode is called "L" is for Love. There is no doubt of what the primary focus of the episode is going to be about. Love (duh). The premise of the show was, a love note was delivered addressed only to L. Loud. Well, that doesn't exactly narrow it down, since everybody has an L name. So the whole episode is about the girls interacting with their crushes and dropping hints, giving gifts, being awkward, etc. Chaos ensues, ha ha ha and so on. Except for Luna who can't get up the nerve to approach her crush Sam, who is a member of a band.
As the episode continues and more letters arrive, it becomes obvious (to the audience) that the letters are for Luna. So they go to the restaurant where the letter says to meet, and lo and behold it's their parents on a date. The mother was slipping the father notes. (Which then made me wonder if these parents are ever at home or have they given up hope? Also, these people don't need to spice up their relationship. Time for Dr. Snips before the next L child arrives).
Anyhoo, all the Loud kids are inspired by their parents secret notes, and so they all agree to send notes to their crushes. We see each Loud kid doing so, and then it gets to Luna. She slips a note into Sam's locker. She hides and waits. Sure enough, here comes the band, but the guy in the band keeps walking. It turns out that "Sam" is a girl. Here's what happened next.
Livi: Um...Mom? Is Sam a boy or a girl?
Ethan: Wait. That's a girl.
Well. Thank you so much Nickelodeon. This is really what I want my 7 and 9 year old to watch. There is no need for this. It's a KID'S show, not a teen show. Honestly, I don't think I have ever changed the subject so fast in my life.
Look. I have family and friends who are gay. What they choose to do is their business, not mine. I love them dearly. But this is a cartoon. The dads was awkward enough, but this? This was to leave NO DOUBT. Of course, since the airing, there has been all kids of glowing reports. How progressive! How awesome!
Seriously? What about those of us who don't want our kids watching that? I don't want my kids watching violence, sex, or crude language. I watch the ratings system and try to preview things. But since this is a cartoon, it has a family rating. If they are going to have stuff like that, a warning would be nice. Instead, check out what they do "warn" parents about. Note: Homosexual situations are not noted, but the use of "crud" is. SMH. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4859164/parentalguide
As a parent, I am getting a little fed up with stuff like this. The "If you don't agree with me you're wrong, stupid, and a hate monger." Well, would you force a Jew to eat pork chops? Then why, as a Christian, am I supposed to watch this with no warning? The guide says this show is geared towards 6 and 7 year olds. Is it really necessary then, to spring a homosexual agenda upon them? They are just kids! Let's leave the agenda at home and just bring on the funny.
Makes me yearn for Nick at Nite.
As most of you lovelies know, I am a single mom. It is hard work. I had to take care of my son while he was throwing up--cleaning barf out of carpet and still managing to do laundry, dishes, and keep up the bedtime routine for my daughter. I get tired. I get very discouraged, but I keep trucking best I can. I am trying to raise my kids as good Christians. I want for them to be kind and loving, but at this point I'll just settle for them not setting anything on fire.

If you're wondering what my point is, I'm getting there. I just like to take the scenic route.
Anyway, to help things along, my parents and I share meals. On certain nights I cook and they come over, and on other nights we go over there. I don't have cable, so my kids groove pretty hard getting to watch Nickelodeon, especially Sponge Bob and The Loud House.


While most of you are probably familiar with Sponge Bob and his irritating laugh, many of you will probably not know about the Loud House. The story is about the Loud family, who under lack of proper knowledge of birth control or just good, old-fashioned insanity, consists of 10 girls and 1 boy. The boy, Lincoln, is the primary character and you follow him trying to survive in a crowded, estrogen-filled world. It actually can be pretty funny. It has become a tradition to have the kids eat their dessert (while I savor a cup of tea), while watching the Loud House.
A while ago, there was an episode where it was revealed that Clyde (Lincoln's best friend) has two dads. My mother looked sharply at me, but I just shook my head. The kids didn't notice and I figured if they asked, I guess I would deal. They are almost never on the show, so it wasn't too big of a deal. After all, a few episodes ago they introduced another secondary character with Down's. I thought that was cool. But then came last night's episode...
For starter's the episode is called "L" is for Love. There is no doubt of what the primary focus of the episode is going to be about. Love (duh). The premise of the show was, a love note was delivered addressed only to L. Loud. Well, that doesn't exactly narrow it down, since everybody has an L name. So the whole episode is about the girls interacting with their crushes and dropping hints, giving gifts, being awkward, etc. Chaos ensues, ha ha ha and so on. Except for Luna who can't get up the nerve to approach her crush Sam, who is a member of a band.
As the episode continues and more letters arrive, it becomes obvious (to the audience) that the letters are for Luna. So they go to the restaurant where the letter says to meet, and lo and behold it's their parents on a date. The mother was slipping the father notes. (Which then made me wonder if these parents are ever at home or have they given up hope? Also, these people don't need to spice up their relationship. Time for Dr. Snips before the next L child arrives).
Anyhoo, all the Loud kids are inspired by their parents secret notes, and so they all agree to send notes to their crushes. We see each Loud kid doing so, and then it gets to Luna. She slips a note into Sam's locker. She hides and waits. Sure enough, here comes the band, but the guy in the band keeps walking. It turns out that "Sam" is a girl. Here's what happened next.
Livi: Um...Mom? Is Sam a boy or a girl?
Ethan: Wait. That's a girl.
Well. Thank you so much Nickelodeon. This is really what I want my 7 and 9 year old to watch. There is no need for this. It's a KID'S show, not a teen show. Honestly, I don't think I have ever changed the subject so fast in my life.
Look. I have family and friends who are gay. What they choose to do is their business, not mine. I love them dearly. But this is a cartoon. The dads was awkward enough, but this? This was to leave NO DOUBT. Of course, since the airing, there has been all kids of glowing reports. How progressive! How awesome!
Seriously? What about those of us who don't want our kids watching that? I don't want my kids watching violence, sex, or crude language. I watch the ratings system and try to preview things. But since this is a cartoon, it has a family rating. If they are going to have stuff like that, a warning would be nice. Instead, check out what they do "warn" parents about. Note: Homosexual situations are not noted, but the use of "crud" is. SMH. http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4859164/parentalguide
As a parent, I am getting a little fed up with stuff like this. The "If you don't agree with me you're wrong, stupid, and a hate monger." Well, would you force a Jew to eat pork chops? Then why, as a Christian, am I supposed to watch this with no warning? The guide says this show is geared towards 6 and 7 year olds. Is it really necessary then, to spring a homosexual agenda upon them? They are just kids! Let's leave the agenda at home and just bring on the funny.
Makes me yearn for Nick at Nite.
Comments
Post a Comment