My brain power is slowly fading. I think I began to lose all sense of scholastic function beginning at 8. There's just not a lot going on up there except a moth named Alan fluttering around a dim bulb. But one thing that my brain seems to excel at, is remember truly annoying jingles.
For reasons unknown, I have always had this one song stuck in my head. I place full responsibility upon my parents since it is obviously before my time. However, having three older siblings has warped the jingle into various (usually unrepeatable) forms. I knew it started with a two-syllable word. " __ in the morning __ in the evening __ at suppertime."
Various renditions have been: Poop, butt-hole, farting, cheesecake, brownies, spanking, etc. etc. Anything with two syllables that springs to mind gets inserted into it.
So this morning, my brain decides to blare this while I'm trying to take a shower. It dawned upon me that I had no idea what the real word was. I briefly considered annoying my sister, the fount of all useless knowledge, with the question. But then, that would inflict the irritating jingle upon her. So I turned to youTube--fully convinced to find it. Find it I did. The missing word? Sugar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mYJn4J-r2U If you have a masochistic streak, here's the link.
Personally, I think it was my parents' way of getting back at us for being annoying.
Some jingles aren't too bad. I have a soft spot for the BC Clark jingle, but others are a type of slow torture--infiltrating my brain and pushing out all useful knowledge until all that's left are a series of songs and annoying commercials. I think I will share various stupid commercials every day this week.
For reasons unknown, I have always had this one song stuck in my head. I place full responsibility upon my parents since it is obviously before my time. However, having three older siblings has warped the jingle into various (usually unrepeatable) forms. I knew it started with a two-syllable word. " __ in the morning __ in the evening __ at suppertime."
Various renditions have been: Poop, butt-hole, farting, cheesecake, brownies, spanking, etc. etc. Anything with two syllables that springs to mind gets inserted into it.
So this morning, my brain decides to blare this while I'm trying to take a shower. It dawned upon me that I had no idea what the real word was. I briefly considered annoying my sister, the fount of all useless knowledge, with the question. But then, that would inflict the irritating jingle upon her. So I turned to youTube--fully convinced to find it. Find it I did. The missing word? Sugar.
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8mYJn4J-r2U If you have a masochistic streak, here's the link.
Personally, I think it was my parents' way of getting back at us for being annoying.
Some jingles aren't too bad. I have a soft spot for the BC Clark jingle, but others are a type of slow torture--infiltrating my brain and pushing out all useful knowledge until all that's left are a series of songs and annoying commercials. I think I will share various stupid commercials every day this week.
Comments
Post a Comment