Okay, I'll admit it. I am waaaaayyyy out of the loop. I'm stuck back in 1999ish. I don't know what the current fashions are, what are the newest bands and songs, the latest technology, or movies. (I got made fun of by Josh Nichols because I said "Walkman"). I cannot remember the last movie I saw. But, thanks to FB, I'll hear people talking about movies and see an occasional posted blurb. I remember when "Thor" came out, because a lot of the ladies were very happy with the choice of actor. I also know of Thor, because he's on a little cartoon called "Super Hero Squad." I thought of a way to impart a little knowledge to my son.
Me: Ethan, do you know that Thursday is named after Thor?
Ethan: Wednesday is named after Wolverine!
Me: Uh....
Well anyhoo, I noticed a blurb for a new "Thor" movie. I watched the preview and it looked fairly interesting, except I probably would have needed to watch the first film to get this one. I was able to get that Thor has to turn to his brother for help. His name? Loki. Huh. That's not exactly a name that strikes fear and dread into a person. I would expect to see something like this, for a good Norse villain:
His name would be something bitchin' like Raknor. Instead, we have Loki. I don't know about you, but what generally gets conjured up in my mind when I hear Loki is something cutesy with Anime eyes that farts daisies, or something. I think of something like this:
"Hi! I'm Loki! Wanna play wif me?" Yeah...I'll pass. Will I see this movie? Maybe. I guess if it really has a plot and doesn't rely solely on special effects. Kind of hard to turn down a movie where you get to gaze upon this:
Me: Ethan, do you know that Thursday is named after Thor?
Ethan: Wednesday is named after Wolverine!
Me: Uh....
Well anyhoo, I noticed a blurb for a new "Thor" movie. I watched the preview and it looked fairly interesting, except I probably would have needed to watch the first film to get this one. I was able to get that Thor has to turn to his brother for help. His name? Loki. Huh. That's not exactly a name that strikes fear and dread into a person. I would expect to see something like this, for a good Norse villain:
His name would be something bitchin' like Raknor. Instead, we have Loki. I don't know about you, but what generally gets conjured up in my mind when I hear Loki is something cutesy with Anime eyes that farts daisies, or something. I think of something like this:
"Hi! I'm Loki! Wanna play wif me?" Yeah...I'll pass. Will I see this movie? Maybe. I guess if it really has a plot and doesn't rely solely on special effects. Kind of hard to turn down a movie where you get to gaze upon this:
Because, after all, I'm not dead yet. Just mostly.



Comments
Post a Comment