Skip to main content

Ack Ack Ack!!!

I am no stranger to foul things. Growing up with two brothers and having Ethan for a son has numbed me to a ton of things vile and disgusting. However, every now and then I'll have a moment of clarity where my immunity breaks down and I think, "Wow--that's nasty." What set me off wasn't really THAT bad. No "painting of the Sistine Chapel" with fecal matter or anything of that sort. No...but for some reason it just really grossed me out.
After church, where Eef (by God's grace) managed to behave himself and not throw a single fit, we decided to get ice cream. Huzzah! Again, Eef didn't throw a fit in Braum's and did exactly as he was told. Livi, on the other hand, has decided to "pick up the naughty slack" that her brother has left behind. She was not nice in church and was whiney all the way home. But, we steeled ourselves and gave the kids some ice cream at home. Oh the joy! Livi cried when her bowl was done, so I gave her some more (with the understanding that it was "all gone" and had gone "nigh nigh"). After the retirement of the white happy fluff, Livi resumed tired syndrome, so I changed her diaper and got her room ready. Well, praise God it's a miracle--she got her second wind. She and Ethan ran laps around the living room and kitchen. I watched, smiling--until I noticed something on Livi's leg. "What's that on her leg?" I asked B. He shrugged and ignored it. Typical guy. I decide it's probably some foody flotsam from her high chair, so I swiped it off her leg with my finger. Then, I glanced at my finger to see what it was, only to discover it was, in fact....a booger. "YAYAYAHAHEWHSSAQPP!!! IT'S A BOOGER!!" or something to that effect came shrieking from my mouth as I leaped, Olympic high-jump style to my feet--rushing towards the sink. B saw me coming and emitted probably the most girly scream EVER, and ran from the room. He then tried to suavely cover over his reaction by casually grabbing at a Kleenex, and then sheepishly admitting, "I thought you were going to wipe it on me. . .") I am a girl--girls do not wipe boogers on other people. Men do... but for crying out loud, I'm not a guy!) I washed my hands and then put sanitizer on them for good measure. As I was furiously scrubbing away, it dawned upon me that I have no idea where that booger came from. Could be hers, could be Ethan's, or it could have been one of her classmates. AGH!! RENEGADE BOOGER!!! (That's what prompted the hand sanitizer as well). I'm not sure why it unnerved me. I have to pick my kids' noses to get out stubborn boogers all the time. I guess it's because I KNOW what's coming then, but this was a Ninja booger. Its stealth could only be matched by CIA operatives and Jehovah's Witnesses on a Saturday morning. Its bastard origins do not help. When I pick their noses I know it's theirs, but whose was this? Where did it come from? Is it still out there...clawing its way up my drain? Well, maybe it's not that bad, but there is definitely a feeling of violation. BLEAH!!! I think I'll go wash my hands again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

It's a gas

It's been quite a while since I have posted anything.  I know you've been waiting, fingernails curled and gripping the edge of your seat for me to post something highly inappropriate and gross.  Today, you are vindicated.  You shall not leave unsatisfied. As most of you know...after about 10 years I have finally rejoined the workplace.  I am working at the Chambers Library at UCO.  It was truly bizarre to be working again, since the last job I held was before I had kids.  Yes.  That matters.  You see, my body has changed a lot in those years--especially in the areas of going to the bathroom.  I didn't realize that a whole, new adventure awaited me.  You see, since everything is loose down in Dixie from having kids, I don't have quite the control that I used to.  Simple things such needing to pee have now become dire.  You don't have any waiting time.  Your body says, "You need to pee.  Now.  NOW SUCKER!!!" ...

Panties and Heart Failure

  Yes, I know it's been a while since I've blogged, but I have tried to reserve blogging to when I have something mildly interesting to tell.  So here are two tales from my weird life: Okay, many of you know that my house is haunted.   Most of you probably believe that I'm on something, or it's just my imagination.  That's fine.  Actually, we rarely get activity.  It's a pretty chill spirit, whoever it is...or was.  But occasionally, it decides to make its presence known, as it did the other day. I was in the bathroom, and I had forgotten the need for a clean pair of undies.  This is a situation that no one wants to find themselves in, so naturally, I hollered for reinforcements from my daughter.  Ethan was at esports, and I wouldn't traumatize the poor boy by making him retrieve a pair of my dainties. Livi had been chatting with me through the door, so she said okay and....I guess she wasn't moving quickly enough for our ghosty.  T...

I'm spilling the tea. It's old but well-brewed

This is kind of long, so buckle up. We're 10 days into January, and it still feels weird.  Kind of like trying to break in a new pair of shoes.  Over the break, I've done little odd jobs here and there--stuff I really didn't have time to mess with, or I just didn't WANT to mess with.  One of those things was working on applications for a grant for Ethan's college.  With the new semester, I have realized that Ethan is half done with his sophomore year.  Only two more years after that....I seriously cannot believe it.  Even though my body cheerfully reminds me of my age every day, I still sometimes think about myself in college or fresh out of it.  Sometimes college seems like a weird dream, or something I watched happen to someone else.  I have frank, open talks to my kids about college (or trade school if they are interested), and both kids are pretty much wanting to attend UCO and (to my surprise), they want to live at home.  I told them not...