We've all had them. Those days where you just take a gander at what lays before you, and you say "Screw it" and go back to bed. Well, that was before becoming a parent. When you're a parent, it's no dice. You trudge through it regardless of how you're feeling, etc. This is one of those gems.
I got up and, through a semi-coma, managed to feed my kids. It's a miracle to me that my kids are still alive. I am incredibly out of it in the mornings. B hurriedly attended to an online meeting while I "pottied" the kids. This involves getting Eef's Pull-Up off and getting Snickles her morning freshin'. That done, I began to unload the dishwasher. (Yawn-fest, but it's my day). About this time, B comes into the kitchen and is telling me something (which I wonder now what he was telling me), and he suddenly emitted this primal yell of "NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!" Now, in our household this is not an unheard of thing. I'm used to primal sounds, but this one had an edge to it. I instantly began to imagine all of the things my kids could have ruined. My money was riding on my Bible, which Livi recently discovered. I am used to the originator of such sounds of anger or horror being Ethan, so I was surprised when B ran into the kitchen sporting Livi. I didn't see any blood, so I was wondering at the wild-eyed, man of Borneo look that B was supporting. Then I noticed that Livi's shirt is drenched, and her little extended hands, dripping. "Wha.." I began, and B managed to gasp out, "She was drinking PEE!!"
**Let me pause for a moment to explain, that potty-training is something that drags on almost as long as your average insurance seminar. You think it will NEVER end. I am used to cleaning up Eef's potty a dozen times a day. Usually, he'll take a leak and then loudly announce, "You put pee-pee in the potty! Good job! You put pee-pee in the potty!!!" So I obediently go and marvel over the pee and deal with it. For some reason, this time he did it quietly, and Livi happened to witness the feat. She happily splashed about and then had started dipping her fingers in and sucking on them. This is where B walked in and about had an aneurysm.**
Foul times call for Mommy, apparently. I look helplessly at the meager washcloth I was holding, and then sighed, "Let's get her in the bath."
Livi had been sporting her sad clown-face, but at the word "bath" turned all sunny. Yeah! Now I can eat the soap bubbles! (Yes, she does). I truly don't think B could have fled for work more quickly--kissing the steering wheel and praising God that he gets to leave the house. Before he left, he said the ominous phrase, "Ethan was doing something weird so I put him on the potty." AAARRRRGGGGHHH.
After bathing Miss Pee-Pee, I discover that Eef has dropped a tiny poo, so I cleaned him up before Livi decided to have a snack.
I called my sister to relate the drinking pee horror, and I think I made her a little sick. No, she agreed that a phone call to the ped's would probably not be necessary, unless I wanted to give them fodder at laugh at over lunch. Still, it was nice to ask someone anyway.
Lunch came as a welcome break, until I got to play my and every parent's favorite game, "Is that a turd?" I saw a dark, suspicious substance on the living room foor. Yes...yes it was. Just as I made the discovery, I heard a sad little, "I sorrrryyyy" from Ethan. SIGH. I was just glad he made it to the potty for the rest of it. I was seriously tempted to take a pic of this dump and send it to Guinness. If I had to clean that thing off my floor, I'd have to be committed. As I cleaned everything (and everybody), I couldn't help but think, Calgon could not take me far enough away from this day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KJoSsC9sCs&feature=related
I got up and, through a semi-coma, managed to feed my kids. It's a miracle to me that my kids are still alive. I am incredibly out of it in the mornings. B hurriedly attended to an online meeting while I "pottied" the kids. This involves getting Eef's Pull-Up off and getting Snickles her morning freshin'. That done, I began to unload the dishwasher. (Yawn-fest, but it's my day). About this time, B comes into the kitchen and is telling me something (which I wonder now what he was telling me), and he suddenly emitted this primal yell of "NNNNOOOOOOO!!!!" Now, in our household this is not an unheard of thing. I'm used to primal sounds, but this one had an edge to it. I instantly began to imagine all of the things my kids could have ruined. My money was riding on my Bible, which Livi recently discovered. I am used to the originator of such sounds of anger or horror being Ethan, so I was surprised when B ran into the kitchen sporting Livi. I didn't see any blood, so I was wondering at the wild-eyed, man of Borneo look that B was supporting. Then I noticed that Livi's shirt is drenched, and her little extended hands, dripping. "Wha.." I began, and B managed to gasp out, "She was drinking PEE!!"
**Let me pause for a moment to explain, that potty-training is something that drags on almost as long as your average insurance seminar. You think it will NEVER end. I am used to cleaning up Eef's potty a dozen times a day. Usually, he'll take a leak and then loudly announce, "You put pee-pee in the potty! Good job! You put pee-pee in the potty!!!" So I obediently go and marvel over the pee and deal with it. For some reason, this time he did it quietly, and Livi happened to witness the feat. She happily splashed about and then had started dipping her fingers in and sucking on them. This is where B walked in and about had an aneurysm.**
Foul times call for Mommy, apparently. I look helplessly at the meager washcloth I was holding, and then sighed, "Let's get her in the bath."
Livi had been sporting her sad clown-face, but at the word "bath" turned all sunny. Yeah! Now I can eat the soap bubbles! (Yes, she does). I truly don't think B could have fled for work more quickly--kissing the steering wheel and praising God that he gets to leave the house. Before he left, he said the ominous phrase, "Ethan was doing something weird so I put him on the potty." AAARRRRGGGGHHH.
After bathing Miss Pee-Pee, I discover that Eef has dropped a tiny poo, so I cleaned him up before Livi decided to have a snack.
I called my sister to relate the drinking pee horror, and I think I made her a little sick. No, she agreed that a phone call to the ped's would probably not be necessary, unless I wanted to give them fodder at laugh at over lunch. Still, it was nice to ask someone anyway.
Lunch came as a welcome break, until I got to play my and every parent's favorite game, "Is that a turd?" I saw a dark, suspicious substance on the living room foor. Yes...yes it was. Just as I made the discovery, I heard a sad little, "I sorrrryyyy" from Ethan. SIGH. I was just glad he made it to the potty for the rest of it. I was seriously tempted to take a pic of this dump and send it to Guinness. If I had to clean that thing off my floor, I'd have to be committed. As I cleaned everything (and everybody), I couldn't help but think, Calgon could not take me far enough away from this day. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_KJoSsC9sCs&feature=related
Well, pee is a sterile substance. So I guess rest assured in that.
ReplyDeleteAnd, in ancient times they made toothpaste from urine. Gag. And, I've heard that in a pinch you can drink your own urine. I pray I'm never THAT thirsty. :)
ReplyDelete